As part of our lease until about 2003, the Club maintained a main lodge on Bog Lake built in the early 1900s by Abbot Augustus Low. The property, lodge, and several out-buildings were sold in the 1920s to Hubert Stewart Leland, governor of NY State from 1933 to 1942, and again to International Paper in the 1960s. Land around both lakes and the main lodge (including several outbuildings and the boat house on Bog Lake) were sold to The Nature Conservancy in 2003 and transferred to New York State in early 2007. The six-bedroom lodge was dismantled in 2003 and removed from the site in the winter 2003-04. It started as a one or two-room log cabin and was added onto several times ending up with a total of six bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a kitchen, pantry, living room, and dining room. The old photos below show the lodge in the 1990’s and early 2000’s before it was removed.
Hold your cursor over the images to view their captions.